Friday, February 13, 2015

6 Months: I don't THINK he hit his head

(The following post was written in the past, and never posted because our computer has been on the fritz and therefore my posts are naked of pictures. I'm giving up and posting everything anyway. So, sorry the the nakedness!!!!)

To follow up from last month, figuring out how to roll is a thing of the distant past. This boy flops from front to back in the blink of an eye, destroys his play mat in the process, and prefers to slowly migrate around the living room by the rolling method. Our new challenge keeping him from dying when he dives for whatever he wants and then soothing by means of distraction method because he's pissed and surprised when he can't crawl to get to what he was diving for. He's constantly getting frustrated for not being as mobile as he thinks he is.
One night, I was leaving for work and Patrick put Dillon in his bouncy chair for a moment to walk me out to the car. As I was waiting for the first light in our neighborhood to turn green, Patrick called me.
"No need to be alarmed," he started, "but I just thought I should let you know Dillon wasn't in his bouncy chair when I got back in the house."
"Where was he? On the FLOOR??!"
"Yes, but I don't think he hit his head."
"Was he crying?" I asked, hoping the answer was no.
"Well yeah, but it was like a I didn't want you to leave me cry, not like a I'm hurt cry."
"And so it starts. Time to put away the infant stuff."

Here are a few of Dillon's milestones/personality traits blossoming this month:

1. He sitting up on is own with ease and now that he's sitting, all he wants to do is stand.
2. He figured out he can actually jump in the jumparoo and now is an unstoppable bouncer.
3. I'm trying to teach him the sign language for milk, and although I think he could care less, he knows exactly what his bottle is; he pinches the tip of bottle by the nipple, with his mouth wide open as if he was a roaring lion, diving into the bottle head first and guides the nipple into his mouth.
3. He does nothing half ass. It's all the way, like when he gives me kisses by devouring my face.
4. He loves it when you "talk mean to him", will laugh for days about it, giggles to pieces when being tickled, and even the anticipation of being tickled will get him going.
5. He reaches out to be picked up.
6. He still knows no strangers, evidenced by being the weirdo that loved Santa.
7. He's constantly experimenting with new sounds or facial expressions that he'll do over and over again for days and then never do them again. He went through a blowing bubbles of spit by vibrating his lips phase that was just as hilarious as it was messy.
8. I hate putting socks on him because it's like taking away one of his favorite pass time toys, his toes.
9. Bath time has moved from his infant bath tub on top of the kitchen counter (to save our backs), to his infant bath tub inside the regular bath time (to save everything in the kitchen from being soaking wet from all the splashing and playing).
10. He has his very first tooth!!! Bottom left and very sharp. My little vampire. 

 

KpLoving It Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger