Thursday, February 12, 2015

5 Months: Big Fat Welcome

(The following post was written in the past, and never posted because our computer has been on the fritz and therefore my posts are naked of pictures. I'm giving up and posting everything anyway. So, sorry the the nakedness!!!!)

Leave it to our boy to learn how to roll over.....backwards. It's no secret he HATES tummy time, so when the little Houdini first rolled over, he did it when I couldn't see him, from back to tummy. Now, he's done it a million times, and has still managed to always get the job done when I'm not looking, hinting at his accomplishment by fussing about not being able to roll off of his tummy. I always give him a few minutes of begging before I swoop in and save him (by rolling him back into supine position, talking him through how to do it himself), hoping he'll figure out how to get the job done one of these times, especially since this new trick of mobility has seemed to put a damper on his sleeping habits (he needs us to "save" him in the middle of the night and every morning).

Here are a few of Dillon's milestones/personality traits blossoming this month:

1. I introduced some food for the first time. He refuses to eat from a spoon for me, but will apparently nibble on a few bites from his sitter and his Nanny.
2. He thinks the puppies are really funny. He just stares at them and giggles.

Other than that, I don't remember what else was happening at 5 months, since time seems like one big blur, and I didn't attempt to finish this post until 1.5 months after writing the first paragraph!!! Big fat welcome to mommyhood, right?!?  



 

KpLoving It Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger