Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Being a Mommy Week 2: The Good, The Bad, and The Embarrassing

Good news, we slept in our bed for the very first time this week (we had good times on the couch, but it was really taking a toll on our backs)!! It only took buying a mini frig (not a mini frog, like autocorrect wanted me to say) and an extra bottle warmer to get us up there (since neither one of us wanted to be the one to go up and down the stairs a million times a night or have to bring it all up and down the stairs each night/day).
Bad news, Patrick had to go back to work. I loved having him home to help balance out some of the chores, and just thoroughly enjoy his presence. Even with him being home, we still couldn't get regular things done, but my Mom came to the rescue and cooked us some meals, cleaned out the frig, vacuumed the floor, did some laundry, and rocked her sweet grand baby in her spare time. She even sewed a couple of things for us (I won't hold it against her that she doesn't know how to sew velcro....... *wink, wink*), and on the day she was leaving, the Wink's swung by for some snuggles.
The best news is, Dillon is growing like a weed and has a perfect bill of health. I thought Dr. K's eyes were going to pop out of his head when he saw that Dillon's weight went from 8 lb 1 oz to 9 lb 8 oz in only one week's time! He couldn't believe how much he'd changed in a week (which is exactly what I think when I stare at him everyday), and gave us the okay to let him sleep as long as he wants between feeds (if only he WOULD......)
Uncle Dusty is still terrified to hold Dillon, so he gave the puppies some extra loving' instead. 
After our Pedi appointment, of course this boy thought he was starving (like usual) and wanted to cry on the ride home instead of sleep (opposite of usual)......that is until I turned the radio onto 102.1 The Edge and started jamming to The Foo Fighters, Lincoln Park, and Green Day. He got completely quite. Apparently he has good taste in music, like his Mom and Dad.
He's a all or nothing kind of boy......
Not only does our little human have a good bill of health and excellent taste in music, but as a cherry topper, I finally got my own health back as well. Already down 30 pounds from the week before Dillon was born (just shows how much water weight I was carrying) and blood pressure back to 100/60, I'm starting to feel like a new woman (now just to address that sleeping thing.......)!
A random thought......Will I ever be able to keep this boy in a cute outfit without him peeing or pooping on it less than 1 hour after wearing it?????
I can never procrastinate our picture taking, since an outfit's longevity is always a gamble!
And on an off note, I have something embarrassing to admit. Patrick and I were sitting at a stop light when some dousche on a sporty motorcycle was revving up his engine for no good reason, before going mediocrely slow across the intersection. I suggested if he was really trying to look cool, he should have "popped a Willy" all the way across the intersection, and then after a couple minutes of contemplation, asked Patrick why they called it that. "Do you think some guy named Willy invented the stunt?"
"What do you mean? It is what it sounds like, a wheelie."
"Oh! I thought it was Willy! Like, 'don't touch my Willie', or some guy's name."
"No you didn't."
"I swear."
"Well it's a good thing we got this cleared up before you said that in front of someone else."
I promise I never thought in a million years that it was a "wheelie". It just never occurred to me.
As the mother of a boy, I'm going to need to get keener on such subject matter. There, I publicly admitted I'm a little slow sometimes........and this time I can't blame it on the lack of sleep!
 

KpLoving It Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger